I am a software engineer with a passion for side projects and learning new technologies. I also have a love for music, space, and staying active.
- Starting with a blank whiteboard and empty IDE, designed and developed software that ingested multiple data formats from physical devices and transformed this data into a common data format. The software then completed entirely configurable filtering and basic analysis on this ingested data, before sending it off into the cloud for storage and more complex analysis.
- Conducted interviews for Product Owners, QA, and Software Engineers (All levels).
Tech: Java, Dropwizard, Guice, Maven, Git, Gitlab-CI, RabbitMQ, Microservices, JUnit, Mockito, JBehave
- Developed performance and health monitoring tool with Java and Java FX that monitored and collected data on multiple machines simultaneously. The tool warns the team when memory leaks are occurring, disk space is running out, and/or critical processes have died.
- Developed simulator program that generates valid, simulated satellite telemetry that can be used to test the main command and control software.
- Fixed reported bugs, proposed and implemented additional features, and automated repetitive daily tasks for Command and Control software for NASA satellites using C/C++, Java and Python.
- Developed tool that enhanced and automated metric collection and generated reports, leading to improvement on sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Designed database schema for MySQL database; programmed database connectivity using Java threads and JDBC.
- Developed software and unit tests in a team environment using Java and the Spring Framework.
- Developed Sikuli scripts with the Python programming language to successfully automate the testing of graphical user interfaces.
- Designed, developed, and supported software that successfully reduced fellow employees' time spent on repetitive daily tasks at various locations worldwide.
- Customized software as described in statements of work as requested by client.
Georgia College & State University
Interview discussing TuneCrawl and the reasons for making side projects.
Interview discussing how my scholarship from the Georgia State Golf Association Foundation enabled me to do great things in my career.
Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS)